Membership and benefits sections from current WDCV bylaws:
Section 1. Classes of Members. The corporation will have three classes of members. The designation of such classes and the qualifications and rights of the members of such classes are:
- Full members must be either (1) a Bonded Winery located within the Dry Creek Valley Appellation, or (2) a grower of wine grapes owning 10 acres or more of producing vineyard located within the Dry Creek Valley Appellation. Full members shall have all rights of membership.
- Associate members may be either (1) a Bonded Winery located outside the Dry Creek Valley Appellation, which produces for commercial sale at least one wine identified on the label as originating in the Dry Creek Valley Appellation, (2) an owner-vintner of at least one wine identified on the label as originating in the Dry Creek Valley Appellation and available for commercial sale, which wine is produced at another Bonded Winery that does not otherwise qualify for membership, or (3) a grower of wine grapes owning less than 10 acres of producing vineyard located within the Dry Creek Valley Appellation. Associate members shall have no voting rights, nor shall they be eligible to serve as directors of the corporation.
Rights/Benefits of Membership
Full Members will have the right to vote, as set forth in the Bylaws, on the election of Directors, on the disposition of all or substantially all of the Corporation’s assets, on any merger and its principal terms and any amendment of those terms, and on any election to dissolve the Corporation. In addition, Full Members will have all rights afforded to “members” under the California Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation Law.
Associate Members and Affiliate Members are not entitled to vote, and will not be considered and will not have the rights of “members” under the California Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation Law. Associate Members and Affiliate Members may attend meetings of the corporation, at the discretion of the Board of the Directors.
All members receive:
- Listing, logo and video on our website and reciprocal link to their site
- Invitation to member events, such as our Satellite Social and Annual Membership Meeting
- Mailing list of current members
- Membership card allowing a discount on wine purchases at participating wineries throughout Sonoma County
- Passport to Dry Creek Valley – right to purchase up to four tickets at a reduced price
- A grower sign or arrow signs if you are a winery member